I was dreading making a catering choice. Tastings sound so fun until you need to pull out your wallet and take a look at your reception timeline. Here's what I came up - along with a little help - to ask my caterer:
- What is your suggested timeline of events? (i.e. What time will toasts begin? What time will the cake be cut?)
- Are the following included in the final pricing: bartender, alcohol, staff gratuity, cake cutting fee, linens, or even the wedding cake?
- Will I have several options to choose from when it comes to flatware and linens?
- Do you recommend a buffet-style or plated dinner based on the venue and food choices?
- Is there a reception guest minimum or maximum?
- Do you offer favors?
Ultimately, you should look for a caterer that is really willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to be firm about what you want - although let's not go all bridezilla ;) Your caterer should really jive with you and your fiancé. I just found mine and we're beyond happy with her business! After all, food is the second most important part of your reception - besides the bride + groom, of course!