- Try it Tuesday: Yoga Studio App -
With my mom being a yoga instructor, one would assume that I've always had an inclination towards yoga. False. I've always found myself trying yoga. In the back row. Revisiting my to do list in my mind, while I was supposed to be practicing deep breathing. I've had a sudden change of heart recently and I have decided to really dive in. After some careful googling, I found the 'Yoga Studio App.' I've been using it almost every day for two weeks and here's the skinny:
What I liked -
- Category breakdowns. I love how easy it is to go into the different categories (strength, meditation, combination, etc.) and get a class that fits into your schedule. You can choose from 15, 30, and 60 minute classes.
- Clean design. This no-frills app is super easy to use. The text is clear, the music is subtle and calming, and the visuals are simple.
- Physical benefits. This goes more for yoga in general than just the app, but I love how I feel after yoga. I was beginning to dread my cardio driven workouts after a long day at work. I actually look forward to this exercise and how it immediately relieves tension. Plus, I'm sore the next day! So, something must be working.
What I didn't like -
- Variety. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of class options. However, I would like to see more pose variety for certain categories. For instance, I wish that the 'strength' category branched out a little more. That might just mean I need to try out some more 'combination' classes ;)
I truly like this app. It's been the perfect way for me to ease my way into yoga. No pressure, no gimmicks, just a simple way for me to fit in a workout.