- Try it Tuesday: Misfit Flash -
It's no secret that I'm a pool person. Indoor, outdoor, I ain't got no type. Years ago I tracked my laps with the Misfit Shine, but actually lost it in the pool because of its bizarre design (the tracker popped out of the band into an Olympic sized pool never to be seen again...). Fast forward to my husband and I perusing Walmart the other week when we came across two severely discounted Misfit Flash's. We've been using them for almost a month now and here's what we thought:
What I liked -
- The price. Okay, so I snagged this for just $20 (praise be the clearance rack), but the actual price on it isn't that bad either.
- Capabilities. Basic sleep and activity tracking is all I look for. FitBit users expect a lot more from their purchase - as they should because the price is more - but, I don't expect much from a $20 Flash.
- Waterproof. Um, hello, yes, thank you.
- Sleep tracking. It seems accurate enough and it fascinates me. I think I just love sleep.
What I didn't like -
- The design. I hated the design of the Shine back in 2015 and still do. Hate is such a strong word, but the tracker popping out of the wristband left a bad taste in my mouth. This Flash model seems to be a little sturdier, but not by much. It's also kind of ugly. Sorry, Misfit.
- Lap tracking. The Shine kept much better track of my laps and told me how far I was actually swimming. The Flash's app only tells me how long I've been swimming for...k thanks.
Long story short, I'm not a fan. I'm also not alone - my husband agreed that the Misfit Flash isn't worth it unless it's clearance priced. If you're a swimmer looking for something rudimentary to keep track of your workouts, I say go for it. But if you're looking for a breakdown of your swim time, go elsewhere. Does anyone have any good swimming tracker recommendations?! xx