- Try it Tuesday: Maybelline Shine Compulsion -
Ever a fan of the matte lip, I was hesitant to go for Maybelline's new 'oil-in-stick' lipstick. It had been a minute since I've picked up a lipstick, let alone one that described itself as having a 'decadent shine.' Here's what I thought of Maybelline's Color Sensational Compulsion Shine Lipstick (what a mouthful! - pun intended):
What I liked -
- Pigmentation. Wow, did this lipstick go on so fiercely. The color is so vibrant.
- Shine. If you're looking for a sheen minus the sticky feeling of a gloss, this is your product.
- Moisturizing. Being a matte addict has me constantly searching for hydration. Look no further.
What I didn't like -
- Messy. The oil-in-stick formula is great for avoiding dryness, but not so great for staying in place. I found my lipstick on my knuckle and even a teeny spot on my white sweater. No bueno.
If I tried this lipstick again, I would go for a neutral color. I'm dying to try the 'Spicy Mauve.' I would have loved this formula had it not been so slippery. Has anyone else tried the Shine Compulsion?