- Try it Tuesday: Maybelline Dewy + Smooth -
Every summer my skin tone does my favorite dance called, 'I don't know what color I am.' Too light for certain shades, too dark for my normal foundation...and then freckles get involved. Typically, I go for Maybelline's Matte + Poreless, but it was all out. That's how we got to Maybelline Dewy + Smooth Foundation:
What I liked -
- Color match. Maybelline promises a 'shade-true gel' and it definitely delivers. The wide range of shades make it almost impossible to not find your color. Win.
- The price. At Walmart I can snag this for around $5 and that warms my heart. It's cheaper than my favorite, L'Oreal Infallible, and has a better shade match.
- SPF. Sign me up for a foundation with sun protection. The old lady in me loves fighting wrinkles.
What I didn't like -
- The shininess. I'm just going to say it, my skin isn't cut out to be 'dewy.' Aside from the occasional over-application of highlighter, I love matte foundation. Le sigh. Some things never change.
I don't know if I'll be repurchasing. I am forever in love with the Maybelline Matte + Poreless - after all what better base is there for blush and bronzer and highlighter and everything nice? What are your thoughts on dewy foundations, lovelies? xx