- Try it Tuesday: Mary Kay Charcoal Mask -
I'm always wary of experimenting with skincare masks. Having acne-prone skin means that I need to be extra careful with my beauty routine. When this sample of Mary Kay Deep-Cleansing Charcoal Mask came my way, I felt comfortable trying it. After having a positive experience with the Mary Kay CC cream (thanks, Leah!), I was ready for round two. Here's what I thought:
What I liked -
- The smell was light and fresh. That matters to me when I have a product sitting on my face for 20 minutes.
- I loved being able to wash off the mask with water instead of peel off. Although peeling can be fun for some, I've had one too many sunburns to find peeling anything on my face soothing.
- I was expecting my complexion to be super dry, but it was fine!
What I didn't like -
- As much as I loved the ability to wash off the mask, I didn't enjoy how messy the charcoal was. Grey. Everywhere.
- My skin didn't seem significantly clearer, but it also wasn't broken out.
I'm not completely sold on the idea of masks in general. My daily cleansing routine seems to be working relatively well, so for right now anyway, I'm going to go with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' What do you lovelies think about skincare masks? xx