- Try it Tuesday: L'Oreal Pencil Perfect -
I can't really remember using severe raccoon liner since maybe sophomore year of high school. To me, there was always a childish stigma to the overuse of pencil liner. After reading up on how Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's makeup artist does their signature smokey eye, Chris and I did this fun shoot here. I used L'Oreal's Pencil Perfect in 'Espresso' (the trick is to use brown eyeliner, not black). I revisited this smokey look over the weekend and here's what I thought:
What I liked -
- The price. For $10 (and under in some stores), this eyeliner delivers. It's some high quality business.
- Pigmented. I didn't know if the different colors would really make a difference - after all, isn't all liner created equal? Wrong. The deep brown was so different from the other darker colors and that was so important for the look I was creating.
- Long-lasting. I make my cosmetics work all day long (can I get a clap?). I don't want to reapply. And with this liner I don't have to. It somehow manages to be creamy, but intact. How do you do this, L'Oreal?
What I didn't like -
- The upkeep. In general, I am annoyed by sharpening makeup pencils. It's just a personal vendetta I have against sharpeners. This has nothing to do with my baby L'Oreal, so is it even considered a negative?
This pencil liner is pretty darn close to perfect. Well played. Would anyone else go for a smokey pencil liner? xx