- Try it Tuesday: L'Oreal Hair Oil -
I have had my ups and downs with hair oil. A few years ago when I had way longer hair, I used jojoba oil on my ends. I liked the look because it weighed down my ringlets into waves and reduced the frizz of my bleached hair. I then moved onto coconut oil, which gave me a similar result. For over the past year, I switched out the oil for leave-in conditioner. After my excellent experience with L'Oreal Elvive, I jumped at the change to try their oil. Here's what I thought:
What I liked -
- The shine. Any frizzy flyaways (which I don't always mind), are tamed with just a pump or two.
- The pump. I had tried a similar L'Oreal hair oil a while back, which was in a spray form. I much prefer the pump because I feel like I have more control.
- The smell. You know I'm a scent diva - this product smells so soothing.
- The versatility. I love applying this oil on dry hair, but you can put it on after your shower as well. There's no bad time for this product.
What I didn't like -
- I didn't like how my ends took to the formula. As strange as it sounds, I wanted my roots and the curls framing my face to be more 'put together.' When I used the oil on my ends it looked piece-y.
- It took a lot of the product to tame my hair. That was annoying. With a concentrated oil like straight-up jojoba or coconut, I needed just a teeny bit.