- Try it Tuesday: Dove Intensive Repair -
Repair, repair, repair. That's been at the forefront of my haircare routine anymore. You ladies know that I have been loving L'Oreal Elvive as a new part of my strengthening routine, but it wouldn't fit in my carryon over the weekend. Thus, my buying sample sizes of Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. I've always been a huge fan of Dove, but never for hair. Here's what I thought:
What I liked -
- The smell. You all know by now that I am weird and that smell matters. I love the soothing smell of this shampoo and conditioner. Not fruity or in your face.
- Moisturizing. This line promises to 'visibly repair and nourish.' I definitely think it did. Although it's not as dramatic as my experience with L'Oreal in one wash, there was a visible difference in the texture of my hair. So smooth!
- The price. The fact that I can easily pick this up in a drugstore for less than $10 is a miracle to me. After spending tons of money (I'm looking at you, beautiful Redken) on haircare products, it almost seems like stealing to spend under $50.
What I didn't like -
- Nada. I'm trying really hard to think of a negative right now, but I can't. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this line to my girls with long, heavy hair or those prone to oily scalps. It works best with dry hair. Especially if you straighten or blow-dry often.
I'm not totally sure if this will make it into my everyday routine, but it will become my go-to when traveling. Has anyone else tried the Dove Intensive Repair line? xx