- Try it Tuesday: Detox Drink -
I'm not one for fad 'get healthy' or 'lose weight' gimmicks, like mystery shakes and teatoxes. My husband found this natural detox drink recipe that promises to burn fat and boost your metabolism and it piqued my interest. I drank it every morning off and on for about two weeks and here's what I thought:
What I liked -
- It didn't taste that bad. That barely sounds like a pro, but trust me it is a positive. The drink reviews were less than stellar regarding the taste. Initially, I was terrified. No reason to be - tastes mostly like cinnamon and honey.
- Drink first thing in the morning. I preferred to get this out of the way before I began my day, so I loved the instruction of 'drinking on an empty stomach.' It also made me feel super accomplished before 5 am.
- Made me feel more awake. The combination of water (which always seems to wake me up) and honey (sugar rush!) had me a little less groggier than usual.
What I didn't like -
- I don't know if I necessarily 'burns fat and boosts metabolism.' Maybe if I tried it more consistently I would have seen intense results.
I originally didn't think I would try something like this, but I'm really glad I did. If anything, it helped me wake up during weekday mornings! Would you babes try? xx