- Try it Tuesday: Aveda Thickening Tonic -
My fine curly hair is the probably the target audience for Aveda's Thickening Tonic. It promises to thicken instantly and it's cruelty-free. Sign me up! Here's what I thought of this plant-based product:
What I liked -
- Sulfate-free. Ain't nothing better than knowing that there aren't sulfates lurking in a hair care product. Especially for my color treated hair.
- Made my hair nice and soft and wonderful, actually. It could be a combination of a new hair mask following my normal shampoo and conditioner...and the fact that I haven't colored my hair in months. But, I noticed the difference about an hour after applying the Aveda tonic.
What I didn't like -
- Made my hair crunch at the root. We're not talking insane hair scrunching crunch-crunch, but it was definitely not what I expected. My Mane N' Tail Shampoo and Conditioner does a better job thickening without the crunch.
- Smelled a little bit like a plant.
As of right now, I'm not sure that I would purchase again. But, I sure won't mind finishing up the bottle. Does anyone use anything for hair thickening? Let me know! xx