- The Perfect Winter Hydration -
I'm sure my mom thoroughly enjoys when I complain to her. As of late, I had been whining that I 'was itchy.' The extreme and overdue drop in temperatures has my skin drying out like crazy. On a rainy, cold night I returned home from a quick (LOL, jk) Target run to a giant box of goodies from L'BRI. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. L'BRI is an aloe-based skincare company that's 100% cruelty-free. I'm a huge fan of natural skincare - see my love affair with coconut oil - so, rendezvousing with aloe seemed logical to me.
Just days before my wedding I was breaking out on my face and the rest of my skin was feeling plain old dull. Below are the products I used immediately (no joke, ask my mom):
- Deep Pore Cleanser. I'm always wary of over-drying my skin after I spent years using so many 'acne-fighting' products. This cleanser promised to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. It was very gentle. I've been using it for several weeks and no breakouts yet.
- Exfoliator. Exfoliating terrifies me. My past experiences resulted in red, irritated skin that seemed to enhance my acne. After witnessing a few blemishes, I used this exfoliator and was pleasantly surprised. Within a couple of days my skin cleared.
- Shampoo & Conditioner. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my haircare. This set promises to leave your hair feeling nourished and hydrated. Even after a few days of use, my hair is still a little dry. I could blame that on me applying more heat to my hair recently as well.
- Bodywash. Love it! It has a very subtle cucumber scent. Nothing more annoying than an aggressive fragrance, am I right?
- Body Butter. Major TMI, but my feet are pretty gross. Between high heels and workouts, I've destroyed them. I messed them up even further on my honeymoon, where I wore flip flops or was barefoot most of the time. After a pedicure at the spa (God bless the nail technician), she suggested I simply put a lot of lotion on my feet before bed and throw on some socks. I can't say my feet are completely healed, but I noticed a huge difference the next morning.
- Under Eye Cooling Gel. I apply this under eye gel every night before bed and I absolutely love it. This makes my eyes feel so relaxed and I drift off to sleep even quicker than I usually do.
After Jamaica, I had to completely readjust to a cold climate. Looking for any and all tips! What's your winter skincare routine look like, lovelies? xx