- Puddin' Poke Cake -
Messy, but mmm mmmm good, is the verdict for this pudding cake. It's a super quick recipe I made up on the fly for Fourth of July last week. My husband said it made the apartment 'smell SO GOOD,' several times, so obviously, this is a winner:
- 2 boxes of yellow cake mix
- 4 chocolate pudding cups
- 1/2 container of extra creamy Cool Whip
- 8 oz of sweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil two cake pans.
- Follow instructions on cake boxes.
- While cake is still warm, take the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes at one inch intervals with only one of the cakes.
- Pour pudding cups over the cake with the holes. Refrigerate overnight.
- Melt sweetened baking chocolate. Mix together with Cool Whip and heavy whipping cream. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, layer one cake on top of the other and frost with the icing.
Just typing this out has me wanting to make another...anyone with me? It is Monday after all, babes xx