- PB Protein Cookie Cake -
I stare at the cakes in the Acme bakery. I am eight years old. Big cakes, little cakes, round cakes, rectangular cakes, and the occasional set of cupcakes masquerading as one cake. The smell of everything wonderful in the grocery store bakery hits me at once. I have the realization that when I grow up, I could walk into the Acme and purchase an entire cake(s) just for myself. Magic.
If I had to pick a favorite food I would 1. be pretty upset 2. choose cake. Cookies are such a close second (but also maybe pancakes? This questions stresses me out, don't ask it!). This makes 'cookie cake' my most favorite meal. Yes, cake can be a meal now because I'm an adult. Third grade Quinn, I'm doing you proud.
I found the recipe below and decided to peanutbutter it up for my best friend. I experimented with protein powder as flour (daring). More below:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sweetener (I used brown sugar)
- 2 cups of peanut butter protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over high heat until bubbling. Stir until brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg and vanilla extract. Add brown sugar. Once butter is cooled, add it to the mix.
- Sift in the protein powder, the salt, and half of the chips.
- Mix thoroughly until the batter is creamy. It will be a little thicker than cookie dough.
- Spoon batter into skillet and top with remaining chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
It's optional to make your cookie cake into an adorable heart. I squished the cookie batter into my favorite shape using a spatula - no mold required. Happy Valentine's Day, babies! xx