- My Wine Country Bachelorette -
Breathtaking. Stunning. Gorgeous. My Virginia wine country bachelorette was perfect! My girls surprised me with the sweetest weekend getaway. I discovered the location on the train platform in Philly and was whisked away to scenic Charlottesville, Virginia. We had food, fun, and wine. Lists of restaurants, wineries, and other goodies below. My bridesmaids are the best and I can't wait to show them and you what their wedding day gifts are!
We had the cutest Airbnb all to ourselves. It was so nice to have an apartment-style place to relax the entire weekend. Plus, a location with a giant coffee pot was a wonderful idea for Saturday morning.
Virginia, you are so beautiful. We were blessed with perfect weather for our 4 stop vineyard tour. We hit up:
- King Family Vineyards. Amazing views. Free wine glass with a tasting! Plenty of ground for photos and frolicking. Because that matters.
- Vertias Vineyards and Winery. Gorgeous British style interior. Mismatched vintage furniture and a beautiful wraparound porch had us feeling right at home. We had a giant picnic that kept us full until dinner, of course.
- First Colony Winery. Very quaint with our favorite wine selections. I joked that the Keebler elves could live in the teeny thatched roof winery. But, seriously. They could ;)
- Blenheim Vineyards. This is the Dave Matthews Band's winery. Weird, right? So good though. The architecture in this place was truly stunning. Word on the street is Dave Matthews' mom designed the place. Neat!
If you haven't had enough yet, it's time to explore some more!
- Red Pump. Great pizza to start our trip. A mysteriously long wait for our food, but they gave me a glass of wine on the house as a congrats gift. It's all good.
- Hamilton's. Meghan and Laura took me out for a fancy dins on our last night. Good food and even better portions sizes ;)
- FIG. I am such a sucker for New Orleans inspired decor. If you're into a 'healthy' breakfast, this is your spot! It gets super crowded, so make a reservation.
- Insomnia Cookies vs. Red Eye Cookie Co. My wonderful maid of honor did a 'blind cookie test' and discovered that Insomnia has the best chocolate chip cookie. We were all shocked, but the judge has spoken.
There you have it! My ultra lovely surprise bachelorette weekend. These girls are as good as it gets. Leave any questions below! xx