- Chocolate Cookie Crunch Cake -
Cookies, cake, and both in between? Sign me up. I found a recipe on justapinch.com and edited it to have a sweet middle frosting. Then I added a few cookies on top for good measure -
- Cool Whip
- 2 bars of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 mini chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup of Splenda
- Melt baking chocolate.
- Place 4 mini cookies into ziplock bag. Crush cookies.
- Add Cool Whip, melted chocolate, crushed cookies, and Splenda to mixing bowl.
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 3 cups of buttermilk
- 3 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of Splenda
- 10-12 mini chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and fold together.
- Evenly pour mixture into pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and make the icing mixture.
- Ice the first cake and stack the second on top.
- Frost the second cake and add mini cookies on top.
The result was a resounding 'YUM' from everyone I shared this with. Plz tell me you'll try? Let me know xx