- 4 Ways to Beat the Bloat -
I, for one, love spring! It's bright, (sometimes) warm, and (mostly) sunny. Besides aggressive pollen, the only thing I really hate about spring is the bloat. Yes, the bloat. Those of us who get to experience all four seasons can have a difficult time transitioning from one to the next. My mind may be totally excited for spring, but my body would rather find a pile of blankets and some chocolate. I've heard that it's a good idea to do a cleanse during the summer and winter solstice, as well as during the spring and autumn equinox. I've never completed (or tried) a strict cleanse, but I did research some remedies to beat bloating. If anyone else is feeling a little off with the start of spring, give below a try:
- Apple Cider Vinegar. I am a weirdo and do not mind the taste of ACV - that much. I've always been a fan of proactively adding it to a smoothie or using it as a salad dressing. I'm convinced it helps my skin as well.
- Peppermint Tea. Coffee is my go-to, but peppermint tea is super soothing. If I'm calm and rested, I always look and feel better.
- Mustard. This is strange, but it's the most effective remedy on this list - in my opinion. Take 1 tbsp of yellow mustard with some warm water.
- Baking Soda. I've read that this is super easy and almost instantaneous when it comes to de-bloating. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 glass of warm water.
Does anyone have any tried and true de-bloating techniques? Let me in on 'em! xx