- 4 Tips for Planning a Surprise Getaway -
You may have noticed that I haven't done a travel update in a bit - I certainly have noticed! I'm really itching to get away, but with work, Qustom Quinns, and wedding planning my resources have been a little tight. You feel me? But, I've decided that's no excuse. My best friend's birthday is fast approaching and as my maid of honor (aka part-wedding planner ;), she deserves a break too. She knows the date of our overnight trip, but not the location. Risky, but worth it. Which brings me to today's topic, 4 tips for planning a surprise getaway!
- Location, location, location. Think about what your surprisee (FYI, making that a word) really likes. Is she a foodie? Or does she love a good hotel? Is she going to want to show off a new outfit or two? These questions matter. Traveling with my fiance is way different than vacationing with my bestie. Whereas he might be stoked to immediately take a nap in the king size hotel bed, she would be ready to explore the nearest main street.
- Give a heads up. Sounds counterproductive, but trust that it's not. The hints can be subtle, but make sure that your surprisee is at least semi-prepared. There's nothing worse than surprising your S.O. with a secluded mountain getaway and finding out that they have to work a nonnegotiable shift at work.
- Good photography. Our world may be saturated with 'instagram-worthy' photos, but I'm pretty okay with that. No matter who you're surprising with a trip - your S.O., bestie, child, parent, etc. - they will appreciate a few decent photos from the weekend. Don't sacrifice your time getting 'the shot.' However, I won't fault you if you do ;)
- Come fully stocked. This goes for any getaway, but packing some of your favorite food and drink is a necessity. That 'amazing' restaurant you made reservations at might wind up serving the smallest portions you've ever seen. Plus, you'll want something to kickstart your mini vacay off right. No one likes a hangry car ride.
Stay tuned for our destination next month! Who would you surprise with a getaway, lovelies? xx